If you have a burning question that is not answered below, then feel free to contact us using the form below.
What Is A Domain Name?
Why do I need to Register a Domain Name?
- Keep your competition from registering a domain name that draws customers away from you.
- Promote the products and services you offer.
- Drive more traffic to your website.
- Enjoy more opportunities to market to — and be listed on — search engines.
- Create distinct advertising strategies to reach different target markets.
- Provide customers more ways to find you on the Internet.
- Capture common misspellings of your domain name, instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Protect your brand and online identity from unsavory parties.
To get started, check to see if the domain name you want is available. If available, register the domain name for a period of time you specify during the checkout process.
How do I Check a Domain Name's Availability
- Go to our Home Page.
- Click on the Domain Name Search link, enter the domain name you want to register, and then select the domain name extension from the list.
- Click GO.
If the domain name you requested is already registered, we provide available alternatives. For example, you might be able to select a .info or .ws domain extension, rather than .com. Or you could register www.coolexample.info instead of www.coolexample.com.
If the domain name is available, follow the instructions to complete the checkout process. Be sure to include valid contact information for each contact. The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the governing body for domain names, requires valid contact information (registrant, technical, billing, and administrative). If you enter false information, your domain name can be canceled.
Your contact information is public and accessible through the Whois database at most registrars. However, you can protect your privacy by registering your domain name with us using our private domain name registration services.
When you purchase private domain name registration, the Whois database lists the name of our privacy affiliate company, as well as their postal address and phone number — instead of your personal contact information.
For more information about domain privacy, see Domian Privacy
How do I renew my domain name?
Can I transfer my domain to Papa Internet Services?
Required: In order to manage your DNS zone files and nameservers at Papa Internet Services during and after the transfer period, you must add DNS Hosting to your domain prior to beginning the transfer process. If you choose not to add DNS Hosting, you’ll need to copy all of the domain’s DNS zone files and nameservers from your current registrar before the transfer begins, and then wait until your transfer to Papa Internet Services is complete to manually update each of these files.
Note: You’re not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
- Registering or transferring a domain name
- Updating the registrant contact’s organization
- Updating the registrant contact’s first or last name and an organization is not listed
Complete the following steps with your current registrar:
- Unlock the domain name.
- Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar.
- Verify contact information: Confirm that the administrator’s contact information for the domain is correct. All emails regarding the transfer will go to the administrator’s email.
Note: For .au domains, all transfer information is sent to the registrant contact’s email.
- Cancel Protected or Private registration: If the domain has Protected Registration or Private Registration, you’ll need to cancel it.
Complete the following steps at Papa Internet Services:
- Purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We will send you a message if the extension is not available to transfer.
Note: If you purchased a .uk .ca, .eu, .es, .au, or .se domain name transfer, see their respective About articles for additional transfer instructions.
- Once you purchase the transfer, you’ll be prompted to Unlock the domain and Get authorization code. Enter the authorization code in the space provided and follow the prompts to check-out.
- Check your email: Once you’re finished with your purchase, check the domain name’s administrative contact (admin) email (or registrant contact’s email for .au domains) for an email from Papa Internet Services. To authorize your transfer, simply click on the Approve button that appears in the email. That’s it!
Note: The transfer process can take 7 to 10 days to complete.
WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
How Long Does It Take To Create A Website?
What Is The Average Cost For A Website?
There are many, many factors that influence the ultimate cost of any given website, and we encourage you to send us a Quotation Request
Can I See My Website While It's In Progress?
What Kind Of Technology Do You Support?
Although it’s unlikely, if there’s something we can’t build, we can reach out to our partners for additional services (at no additional cost to you).
What Is Shared Hosting?
In a shared hosting environment multiple web sites are served through a single server. Shared hosting is the most common method of hosting sites for small-to-medium size users with light to moderate Web traffic.
What Is Bandwidth?
Bandwidth is the amount of data that can be transmitted at a given moment to a server. The higher your bandwidth, the larger amount of traffic your site can handle at one time.
How do I enable Spam Assassin in cPanel?
Our cPanel hosting accounts let you use SpamAssassin to help prevent spam from coming in to your mailboxes.
- Log in to your Papa Internet Services account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the cPanel account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click cPanel Admin.
- In the Email section, click Apache SpamAssassin.
- Click Enable Apache SpamAssassin.
How do I install WordPress on your Linux-hosted domain using cPanel?
If you want to use WordPress to build your website or use it for something like a blog, you have to first install it on your hosting account. We provide a one click WordPress install service which takes less than one minute to execute.
- Log in to your Papa Internet Services account.
- Click on WordPress Icon install